Q&A

Q&A
Got Questions? Here are some of the most common questions for portrait sessions that we get. (Weddings and events have a WHOLE other list, so we stuck to portrait ones here).

Q. Where are you based?
A. I reside with my family in Montgomery Illinois. I love to shoot outdoors so I will travel to come to you. A travel fee may apply to make that happen if outside a 35 mile radius of my home base. Ask me about travel fees. I also have my portable studio that I can bring to your home. I need a smallish area to set up. 98% of the images on my site that are backdrop sessions are taken in clients homes. The other 2% were taken at my home studio. New for 2017!!! I have a space that I “share” with other photographers for studio shoots!! Its in downtown Oswego and I LOVE it!!

 

Q. What is the session fee?                                                                                                                                                                    A. The session fee includes the initial consultation, your photography session at location of choice, the photographer’s time and talent,  complete post-session creative editing digital proofs presented for viewing on your private gallery.

**The session fee does not include prints, products or digital images.  Prints and products can be purchased separately after viewing your proofs.

 

 

Q. How long will our session last?
A. Portrait sessions are up to an hour. That’s not to say I will shoot for the whole hour. Sometimes kids don’t last that long. Sometimes they could go forever.  Additional time will have additional costs.

 

Q. Where will our session take place?
A. I have shot all over the burbs by me and have many location ideas. But I do rely on what kind of style you are wanting for your shoot. Is it studio, country/open field, woodsy, or downtown/urban look? From there I will suggest locations so your session is unique to your style.

 

Q. What should we wear?
A. What to wear is endless and up to how you want it styled, but I do have some recommendations.
Here are some Do’s and Dont’s:
Don’t – All wear the same solid color, or be too matchy matchy. And please do not wear all white or shirts with logos.
Do – Find solids, patterns, accents and two or three colors that look well together and mix it up. Also personalizing it with props or your favorite hat, jacket or scarf will help your look be unique.
Don’t – Wear something that is too tight or even too baggy.
Do – Find something that will make you feel comfortable and confident.
Don’t – Stress out 🙂
Do – Ask questions and if you like, I would love to look at your wardrobe for help.

 

Q. CAN I HAVE THE UNEDITED AND THE EDITED FILES?
A. No and for two main reasons. 1) I shoot in RAW format. More than likely you will not have the program to open the images on your home computer. 2) Editing is part of my style and you will only receive edited images.

Q. I want every photo I have pinned on Pintrest taken. You will do that right?

A. Ahhh pintrest. The helpful tool. The devil. I will be HAPPY to look at your pintrest pins. I will use them to create a session that is stylish and creative. There are certain poses and such that I will not do (either dangerous, illegal etc) for safety reasons.